Friday, November 2, 2012

Frilly Tote Bag


 

Here's an easy project I did a few months ago. I saw this on the cover of Haute Handbags Spring 2012 issue (www.hautehandbagsmagazine.com) and fell in LOVE! Sierra Hocklander, the featured designer, gave great directions and it was pretty easy. I plan to do some more in different colors (think holidays!) but I stuck with blue and white on this one so it could go in a raffle basket at my son's school. It turned out so cute it was hard to give it up, but at least its for a good cause!


Start with a plain canvas tote bag. Cut four fabric strips 4" wide. Add a zigzag stitch on each side of the strip and ruffle the strip. Then sew the strips onto the bag from the bottom up.

 
For the flower I used the leftover end of a ruffle strip and voila! I really, really wish I could take credit for this idea! All of Sierra Hocklander's pieces are gorgeous! You can check out her blog at www.thebluerobincottage.blogspot.com. She is a great inspiration.

All ready to go with my tag attached!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...