Monday, November 12, 2012

Repurposed Pillow Covers

My first "commissioned project!" Okay, okay, it was for a friend of my mom's - but hey, I'll take whatever props I can get! My mom had given her friend one of my scarves as a birthday gift and when she heard I was making a foray into pillows she was the first to make an order. So, like many other times in my life, I say "THANKS MOM!"
I used pants, skirts, skirt lining and a jacket to pull together the "old world, patchwork" concept she was after. I also wasted a LOT of time stressing about making something perfect for someone else's home. In the end she liked her pillows and I had a very good night's sleep!
What I love most about these pillows is that they all go together, but are all slightly different. This project was a great inspiration for future ideas!

I found six toile du jouy patches while up to my armpits at the Goodwill bin store. I think they had been curtain tabs in a previous life. After a good washing they were her favorite part of the pillows. I didn't realize what a popular print it is until I started seeing it everywhere. Now I need to find some more - I miss them!
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Vy cut pillows! I went all around the circle to you and don't see the flying circle post, I just looked it up and your linking to me. Hopefully you post sometime soon!
    Here's my link
    http://junipergoods.blogspot.com/
    Chandra

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...