Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Glue Resist - Coloring with Stitch

Yay! As promised, here are the final photos of the glue resist bag (scroll down to see the post from a couple weeks ago). I L-O-V-E free form stitching. It is so freeing to just dive in with no expectations of perfection. Messy, swirly fun!!!


I am addicted to doodle flowers so this was right on. I did find out pretty quickly that in order to stitch on painted fabric I had to lower the tension on my machine by quite a bit. It was down to between 2 and 3 for this. I also learned the hard way that you must REMEMBER to readjust the tension before you start another project!

I love blue flowers, probably because they aren't very common in nature. It made perfect sense to me to make the center of this flower blue. I did stick with traditional green for the stem. I can't wait to do more "drawing" on fabric with stitches! 
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...