Thursday, January 10, 2013

Fabric Art Journal Cover

 I am so in love with this project right now! I'm getting ready to head to a women's retreat with my besty who happens to be a knock out artist (www.rcrunningwild.blogspot.com). She is going to be leading some art journaling sessions and asked me to do a cover as an example. I fussed over the idea for a bit then decided I would make a fabric book of my own since I always drool over the ones in Sew Somerset magazine and Cloth, Paper, Scissors. This is so fun!!
 I wanted a heart theme for the cover and I wanted to play with the Angelina Fiber I just bought.
 Swirls are a pattern I am always drawn to and these are some of my favorite fabrics pulled from the stash-o-plenty in my cabinet.
Stamping on fabric was one of my first creative efforts and I love it. Here the stamping adds depth where it shows through the mesh fabric. I planning to use this journal to try new techniques on a small scale before using them in projects. I will continue to share as it grows!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...