Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Polka Dot Pin Cushion

I saw the sweetest tea cup pincushion while cruising the blogosphere. Katie, the crafty gal at Punk Projects (http://punkprojects.blogspot.com/) hosted a guest tutorial on this project and I was inspired to give it a try. I wanted a brighter, less formal look for mine and this is how it turned out!
Found this cute little bowl at a flea market and instead of using batting I decided to cover an old school tomato cushion that was in my junk drawer.
I sewed together two bright strips left over from a long ago quilt project, then wrapped it around the cushion and used a hair band to secure it on the bottom.
To hold it in place I used my ever-trusty E-6000 glue to adhere the fabric to the bowl. It was all worth it when I gave it to my awesome, seamstress aunt who loved it! A super quick, easy and fun little project with endless options! Have fun if you try one and let me know what you think!
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Somehow, I just now saw this post.. Your pincushion turned out SO so so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...