Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Project 12 Update - Weeks 3 and 4...and 5!



Is this summer flying by as quickly for you as it is at my house?? I have been keeping my commitment to Project 12 - my issue has been getting myself organized enough to blog about it! In the last few weeks I've incorporated my daily creativity time with getting ready for my first time as a vendor at the McMinnville Public Market (see my post below.)

One of my big weekly projects was making over my dressform (her name is Shirley). She was a garage sale find (ironically from the home of my high school geometry teacher) and has been needing a new look. Since my time was limited I decided to put her major makeover on hold and just give her a great "weekend look" for her debut at the market.


From Plane Jane to Fab Shirley with a few easy renovations: I ran across some Smash Tape in the scrapbooking section at Fred Meyer and figured it would be great to cover her industrial looking legs. Its easy to use and will peel off with no problem when I want to change her up again.


I love polka dots! And I am sure I've never met a Shirley who doesn't either!



Her cute little skirt has been sitting in my stash for a while. I love the swirls on the fabric. I had already cut into it and removed the zipper so I attached some of my sparkly black ribbon and closed the raw edges on the back to make a super cute little apron, then added a fabric flower for good measure. I'm seriously thinking about using it for the holidays! In fact, there were a couple shoppers at the market who wanted to buy it, but, alas, Shirley had nothing else to wear.


All dressed up with somewhere to go!

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. I have a 1950's vintage dressform-this makes me want to dress her up! I'm so glad I found your blog, it is so cute (via punkprojects).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Taylor!! I LOVE dressforms and I bet your gal is amazing! So glad you visited! :O)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...