Monday, July 16, 2012

Summer Lovin' - pattern & texture inpsirations

In an effort to enjoy the awesome weather lately, get the kids outside AND get some work done I took my most portable items out on the patio. Its been fun to paint and prep new bags outside in the fresh air.

A dollar store flip flop (never worn) makes a good textural pattern that creates depth when other things are painted and sewn over it.

Stencils, that same tape from Lowe's (still don't know what its intended use is) that I used in my art journal a while back and stamps. I have discovered a new love affair with Fabric Medium (it dilutes acrylic paint and helps it go into fabric instead of being stiff on the top).

Painted scraps of lace make awesome texture and design. This piece was used about five times and now that it needs to be retired I am keeping it around because the colors are pretty and I am going to stitch it to something.

My two favorite stamps as of late.

A canvas bag in the beginning stages. You'll be able to see the final product later this week!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...