Monday, April 30, 2012

Gypsy Soul tags

Every product needs a tag and I have been stewing about the tags for Gypsy Soul Designs for some time. I am new at a lot of this and I am constantly learning and finding inspiration. Its hard to put a first effort "out there" but I think its important because maybe my little project will help someone else find the courage to try something new!

I've been reading about art journaling and that inspired me to take the same approach with my product tags. I can have fun and play with the tags and no two need to be alike! All of the materials I use have a story, a gypsy soul, why not my tags too!!

A plain tag soaked in coffee to give it an aged appearance.

I seriously used Crayola brand washable paint! Someday when I understand more about the products I may opt for a more expensive paint but this works just fine.

Swirls always seem to be a logical beginning for me!

I decided to throw some colors together that I think are pretty.

I LOVE Glimmer Mist! It is addictive. This color is Latte. I wish the sparkle came through better in the photo.

Some sparkle and a tiny scrap of vintage wallpaper for fun.

The other side....I am going to go over my blog address in dark pen but you get the idea.
This was a late night quickie but I just wanted something to get my process going. After playing with paints for a few minutes I was inspired to do a little more in my art journal. I love how one thing leads to another! My next project is sewing machine doodles on tags...who needs sleep anyway??!!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...