Wednesday, April 11, 2012

A little serendipity

It isn't all that often I get to browse a thrift store without the company of my kids, however on a recent trip to the Oregon coast I got said opportunity thanks to my hubby. He found the advertisement for $3 Bag Day and I was there in no time! I didn't realize until I was at the checkout that I was a DAY EARLY! That's okay.....for $4.75 I came home with some sweet treasures and my thrift store fix!



The background is my retro ironing board cover! I couldn't resist the lime green and flowers and it sure brightens up my sewing area more than the boring, burnt blue cover I had. The pink, flowery pillow case made me think of my little girl and may become an apron. The vintage Simplicity patterns are fun sitting on my sewing table and I know I'll find an interesting use for the pattern paper inside (mixed media journal perhaps?). Not pictured is a 1950's-era yellow bowl with a lid....I am thinking it will make a great new home for extra buttons.

I love hunting for the unexpected and then figuring out what it will become. Sometimes its something completely different than I initially plan but that's half the fun. When serendipity happens its a creative gift I try to appreciate to the fullest - its not always easy to keep the critical brain out of it but when I do its usually a much better result!Pin It

1 comment:

  1. We certainly had some good laughs at that thrift store. That was absolutely the most awesome inspiring crafting powwow! I'm so glad we started our mixed media journals together. It's gonna be fun to see how each others turns out. I love that we have different styles & we'll be able to learn from one another.
    Thanks BFF!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...